COVID-19 Update – 4 April 2023
Whilst not mandatory, masks are still preferred within our centre for the protection of our more vulnerable patients. Please be considerate of others attending our service who choose to wear a mask whether for medical or personal reasons.
If you have respiratory symptoms, a mask and negative RAT test to be admitted inside. If you have tested positive for COVID-19 (or within 7 days of testing positive) and need to see the doctor in person, please speak with a team member about an appointment.
When you have arrived, please make sure to check in with our service team, or on the HotDoc tablet (located inside). If you are waiting outside for your appointment, your doctor will call your mobile phone when they are ready to see you.
Flu Vaccine Now Available
Appointments for the flu vaccine are now able to be booked online. We have both private ($25) and government funded (free) vaccines if you are eligible under the National Immunisation Program (NIP). In 2023, flu vaccines remain quadrivalent, covering two influenza A and two influenza B strains. COVID-19 boosters can also be given at the same time (see below).
Eligibility funded by the NIP
Annual flu vaccination is recommended and funded for:
- All children 6months to 4 years of age and adults >65 yrs
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Pregnant women (at any stage of pregnancy)
People with certain medical conditions such as heart, chronic lung disease or severe asthma, chronic neurological conditions, weakened immune systems, diabetes or haematological disorders.
COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Update
The latest available vaccines are Moderna or Pfizer Original/Omicron BA.4/5. Everyone aged 18+ years is encouraged to consider a COVID-19 booster six months from your last Covid vaccine or illness. Either of these bivalent vaccines may be given at the same time as the flu vaccine.
Those with medical conditions that increase the risk of severe COVID-19 or over 65 years are strongly encouraged to get boosted, regardless of the number of doses received. Those aged 5-17 years with complex health needs may also receive a booster, on advice from your GP or specialist. Please book online for your booster.
For the Kids aged <12 years
Children from age 5 are eligible for a free COVID-19 vaccine. To arrange an appointment, please message us via LiveChat.
- You MUST have a Medicare card to book a vaccine with us.
- All vaccine bookings MUST be made online (or via the HotDoc App).
- Reception staff will only reiterate the information here.
- If you have concerns about COVID-19 vaccination, please see your usual GP before making a booking.
- Please familiarise yourself with the Preparation for Vaccination.
- Please ensure your details are up to date with Medicare before attending the practice.
- If you do not have a Medicare card, you must attend elsewhere at a Commonwealth-funded GP Respiratory Clinic to receive your COVID-19 vaccine.
- Alternate GP sites offering COVID-19 vaccines can be reviewed by postcode at Healthdirect.