COVID-19 VACCINE UPDATE: 13th SEPTEMBER 2021
Children aged 12-15 years are now eligible to book for the Pfizer (Cominarty) COVID-19 Vaccine.
For all patients aged 12-59 years: You are currently recommended the Pfizer (Cominarty) Covid-19 Vaccine.
For all patients aged 60 years and above: You are currently recommended the AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria) COVID-19 Vaccine.
All vaccine bookings must be made online (or via the HotDoc App).
Reception staff will only reiterate the information here.
To obtain a COVID-19 vaccine with us, a valid Medicare card is required.
- Important notes
- About your COVID-19 Vaccination Weekend Appointment
- Before you book online for your vaccine
- ATAGI also recommends that those who do not have immediate access to the Pfizer vaccine should consider the benefits and risks of earlier protection through the AstraZeneca vaccine. This recommendation is in the context of an outbreak increasing the risk of people contracting COVID-19 – and hence the increased benefit vaccination provides.
- The latest updates regarding vaccine side effects can be found on the ATAGI website.
- Please remember to check your eligibility as we follow official vaccine recommendations from ATAGI.
- If you have previously received a vaccine without serious side effects, you are advised to make an appointment to get a second dose of the same vaccine.
- If you have concerns about COVID-19 vaccination, please see your usual GP before making a booking.
- Appointments are only booked via the HotDoc App or our website.
- You may reschedule at any time via the HotDoc App or confirmation email.
- Entry is via the ramp entrance from the ample parking onsite.
- Please maintain social distancing and attend to Services Victoria QR code registration.
- You are required to wait 15 minutes after your vaccination to monitor for early severe reactions.
You must reschedule if you have any respiratory symptoms, awaiting results of a COVID-19 test, or recently visited a public case exposure site. All patients will receive an SMS via SmartVax (patient safety program) three days after their injection to check on their well-being.
Flu Vaccines remain available so please contact the clinic. A one-week separation is required between any COVID-19 vaccine and another type.
- Please familiarise yourself with the Preparation for Vaccination.
- Please ensure your details are up to date with Medicare before attending the practice.
- If you do not have a Medicare card, you must attend elsewhere at a Commonwealth-funded GP Respiratory Clinic to receive your COVID-19 vaccine.
- Alternate GP sites offering COVID-19 vaccines can be reviewed by postcode at Healthdirect.