What is MyMedicare
MyMedicare is a new voluntary patient registration initiative by the Federal Government aimed at strengthening the relationship between you, your general practice, general practitioner (GP) and primary care team.
Why you should register for MyMedicare
- greater continuity of care with your registered practice, helping to improve your health outcomes
- longer MBS-funded telephone calls with your usual GP
MyMedicare Patient Registration
MyMedicare is a new voluntary patient registration initiative by the Federal Government aimed at strengthening the relationship between your practice and its patients.
By ensuring your patients register for MyMedicare, your practice will have access to:
- more information about regular patients, making it easier to tailor services to fit your patient’s needs
- longer MBS-funded telephone calls for patients
- greater support and continuity of care for patients with chronic and complex conditions, including regular support for regular health assessments, care plans and regular GP & allied health visits
Note: Patients must have a Medicare or Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Veteran card to register in MyMedicare. There will be options for patients to register online and/or in person at your practice