“Here Comes The Sun… What You Need To Know”
As part of our commitment to providing our patients with FREE access to education, to better understand their health needs and goals, this is a reminder of our upcoming online webinar.
- Dr Nick Kokotis – Overview of Skin Cancer – Nick graduated from Melbourne University in 1990, and spent five years training in various hospitals before commencing General Practice. He worked in Tasmania then in North Queensland for another six years before joining Bluff Road. He is a member of the Skin Cancer Society of Australia and has completed a Post Graduate Certificate in skin cancer. Nick regularly conducts lectures to other healthcare professionals about skin cancer and the use of medical and aesthetic lasers.
- Dr Myn Lee – What You Need to Know About Melanoma – Myn is a General Practitioner with an interest in all things related to skin. She obtained her primary medical degree from the University of Melbourne, and holds a Fellowship from the Royal Australasian College of General Practitioners. She also holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Practical Dermatology from Cardiff, UK; and has several other Certificates in Skin Cancer and Dermoscopy. Myn strongly believes in constantly updating her knowledge and skills, and is working towards a Fellowship from the Skin Cancer College Australasia. Before transitioning into full time skin cancer work, Myn spent several years working as a General Practitioner in rural Victoria as well as in Singapore. She is able to provide advice and treatment of skin cancers, including non-surgical treatment, simple excisions, as well as flaps and grafts. She is also happy to discuss all other dermatological concerns.
- Dr Jenny Kimmins – Cosmetic Treatment for Sun Damaged Skin – Jenny spent many years in General Practice before developing an interest in management and treatment of skin conditions. She has over eight years experience in cosmetic medicine, including the management of acne and rosacea, laser skin treatments, as well as dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections. She recently completed a postgraduate Diploma in Dermatology with the Australian Institute of Dermatology. She is also a trained skin cancer physician, and has a special interest in treating sun-damaged skin.
This is the fourth instalment to our education series. These are a must attend webinar as recordings will not be shared after the session.
How to register for the webinar: you can either scan the code below or alternatively register through this link https://bit.ly/3S4Q1r5.
Please note these Webinars will not be available for viewing after the session.
We’d appreciate your feedback on our Webinar Series and thoughts on future topics. Please complete this short survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YY96QDF
Several months ago, our bank underwent infrastructural changes with their EFTPOS terminal provider and raised their transactional fees. Unlike corporate owned businesses, we were unable to absorb the additional costs. Effectively, this translated into the raised credit card surcharges our patients have been paying. Since then, further negotiations have resulted in a favourable outcome and we are pleased to inform you that there will be a reduction in transactional fees, effective
Monday 17th October 2022
- Mastercard/Visa Credit and Debit 0.7%
- EFTPOS 0.1%
We sincerely thank you for your understanding and patience throughout this process and hope our patients are also pleased with this result.
Entry inside the Clinic & Respiratory Symptoms
Since our last newsletter and effective, Monday 3 October, restrictions excluding patients with cold & flu symptoms to be seen within the clinic will be lifted. The following changes will improve access for more patients to be seen within the clinic.
- Only those patients testing positive to COVID-19 will have their consultation by the Doctor in the respiratory/URTI portable clinic. Please call beforehand to notify and confirm the appointment instructions.
- RAT negative patients with cold/flu symptoms are able to be seen inside the centre however, any swab testing required, will still be performed outside.
As such, we request all patients with fever, cough or cold symptoms to:
-perform a RAT at home prior to their GP appointment, and
-on arrival for your appointment, wait in the car until called by your doctor.
Some friendly reminders:
- Please drive past the parking attendant booth (no longer manned) and park safely
- Patients without cold/flu symptoms are welcome to enter the clinic and check in via the HotDoc tablet at reception
- Masks are still required as our service remains a sensitive healthcare setting and is required under health guidelines to protect our at-risk patients
- If you have waited 20 minutes past your appointment time, please call (if waiting outside) or report at reception to check on the delay
- Please check periodically with reception to ensure that your personal and contact details remain current.
These changes have been carefully considered in light of the progressive wider relaxation of COVID-10 restrictions, high level of vaccination rates and greater community awareness of infectious precautions. Your health and safety, and that of our staff are important, and we will remain flexible to adapting this approach if the risk assessment changes also.