- Medicare funding for longer telephone consults
- More Medicare funding (lower ‘out of pocket’ costs) for telehealth consultations for children under 16, pensioners, and concession card holders
- More support for regular health assessments and care plans – to find out if you are eligible for health assessments or care plans, please email us
- More support for GP visits if you are in residential aged care
- Increased funding if you have complex conditions or chronic disease/s and often need to go to hospital
- Improved continuity of care from your GP to keep you as healthy as possible
From 1 October 2023, patient registration will be available to all Australians with a Medicare card or Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Veteran Card. You will be able to register online or in-person at the clinic.
You can commence the registration process in your Medicare online services (Medicare Online Account or Express Plus Medicare mobile application). Alternatively, there will be forms provided in the coming weeks at the clinic.
A parent/guardian will need to register a child under 14 years and provide consent on their behalf – and can be done at the practice only.
Young people aged 14 to 17 will be able to register and provide consent without a parent/guardian – as per the information we have recieved from the department.
From 1 November 2023, MBS level C and D telephone telehealth items will be available for registered patients. The triple bulk billing incentive for MBS level C, D and E telehealth items will be available for eligible patients only with their registered practice.
MyMedicare was announced in the May budget, by the Minister for Health and Aged Care, as part of ‘Budget 2023–24: Building a stronger Medicare’. The MyMedicare program will provide GP’s more comprehensive information about their patients, while giving both patients and their care team access to additional funding packages, tailored to their health needs, with reduced administration requirements for practices.
Don’t Miss Out On The Next FREE Webinar
As part of our commitment to providing our patients with FREE access to education, to better understand their health needs and goals, this is a reminder of our upcoming online webinar – Thursday 5th October at 6.30pm (please log on 10 minutes prior to check for technical issues)
|Dr Kate Exon will be returning to the clinic next month – bookings open on website or via HotDoc